Saturday, January 11, 2014

H Mart Cambridge barely making progress

Update 5/6/14: H Mart Cambridge is finally open! & H Mart Japanese groceries

H Mart's storefront

I was in Central Square the other day so I went by H Mart to see how they were doing. They've taken out the front windows and doors, but it's just boarded up with wood now. At the rear entrance they've put up signs saying they are "coming soon" but I peered inside and it looks like they've made very little progress since I last checked in mid-November. Although the vendors were notified last year that they would be able to move into their stalls in January, I don't see that happening. The walls and floors are not finished at all - it still looks very much like a construction site, not a store. I found it odd that both times I visited (during the daytime on weekdays) no one was working on the space. Sadly, I anticipate it will be months before they open and we can get a taste of Sapporo Central and Go Go Curry.

Coming soon?

See also: Ittoku Update / Sapporo Ramen coming to Central Square @ H Mart

2 comments:

  1. I heard rumor say that it's not opening anymore.. Really hoping its false!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nannan - I know that H Mart is continuing to have meetings with the food vendors so I'd say that's probably incorrect. I saw something on Eater referencing a Chowhound poster that had heard they would open in April, though I have no idea how reliable that is.

      Delete