Sunday, December 16, 2012

ima: 15 days to go and around $1,500 needed



I'm reposting something I posted a week ago. There's 15 days left in the ima magazine Kickstarter campaign and they need around $1,500 to reach their goal. Please help make this publication a reality by donating and/or posting to social media. Thanks!
Saturday December 8, 2012:

My friends are launching an ambitious project - publishing Boston's first bilingual Japanese-English print and online magazine "for Japanese or Japanese-Americans who live in Boston, and Bostonians who are interested in Japan." The publication, ima magazine, will cover and analyze news, culture, entertainment, sports, and area events. [Ima (今, pronounced ee-ma) means "now" in Japanese.]

I'm really excited that they've decided to do this. I've long wished for a central place where Japanese Americans and Japanese could interact. While a magazine isn't a "place" per se, it will provide a central point of contact between both communities. I've been invited to write for ima magazine and hope I'll be able to contribute!

The magazine will be available for free around Boston. They're hoping to publish their first issue in February 2013.  To get the first issue out, they're running a Kickstarter campaign until December 31, 2012, at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time). Please donate if you can!

Arigato gozaimashita!

No comments:

Post a Comment