Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ittoku! is open!


Update 11/11/13: First Look: Ittoku!

It seems that I failed to see an email from Chiki-san (Kentaro Suzuki), co-owner of Ittoku!, letting me know that they had their soft opening on Saturday last Wednesday then closed on Sunday to prepare for a grand opening tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't have their hours, but I'll post them when I do. Update 11/11/13: For now they'll be open seven days a week from 5pm to 11pm (that's when the kitchen closes). The bar may stay open until midnight some days (possibly only weekends). They're still trying to decide. They hope to open for lunch next year.

I did get to look over the menu last month. The offerings are extensive and include:

  • izakaya-style dishes (starting at $2.50), many that I've not seen on other Japanese restaurant menus
  • yakitori, including bacon-wrapped options - I'm looking forward to trying the bacon & enoki ($1.50 - $14.50)
  • sushi (including oshizushi) & sashimi
  • and assorted comfort food like okonomiyaki, yaki onigiri (grilled onigiri), omusoba, and three types of ochazuke

Ramen lovers will be sad to hear they reduced their ramen offering to just one - Gyukotsu Ramen, a beef broth ramen for $8 (I had seen three options on a previous version of the menu).

Prices look very reasonable and I'm looking forward to eating my way through the menu!

Ittoku! is located at 1414 Commonwealth Avenue in Brighton.

No comments:

Post a Comment